KABINET REKTORA UNIVERZITETA U TUZLI
Tuzla, 20.04.2022. god.
It’s time to meet face-to-face. The 16th ORPHEUS Annual Conference is around the corner from May 12 to 14, 2022.
The early bird registration deadline is April 25. We invite you to register to share your experiences.
Visit https://orpheus.ku.edu.tr for further details.
We are expecting you all, for an onsite meeting at Koç University, in the magical city of Istanbul, with an exciting program.
- Plenary talks
- Panel discussion
Here are some highlights of the conference:
- Gundula Bosch (Johns Hopkins Univ.) “Graduate Science Education Reform: Preparing Critical Thinkers for Global Crises (online conference).”
- David Resnik (NIH) “Reproducibility and Research Ethics (online conference).”
- John Creemers (KU Leuven) “Moving from international collaborations to a truly international university; the case of joint doctorates.”
- Rana Sanyal (Boğaziçi Univ.) “Ph.D. with industrial sector orientation: start-ups and academia.”
- Julie Gould (Nature Jobs) “How the pandemic widened scientists’ mentoring networks.
- ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION: THE QUALITY OF PH.D. TRAINING
- Michael J. Mulvany (Founding Member, ORPHEUS), “The Role of ORPHEUS”
- Alexander Hasgall (Head of Council for Doctoral Education, EUA), “Challenges in Doctoral Training and How to Safeguard the Quality”
- André Nieoullon (Aix-Marseille Univ.), “Forty Years of Ph.D. Training in France”
“Quality Training Environments for Biomedical Researchers,” as an overall topic, will be addressed through 5 specific themes:
- Empowering Doctoral Supervisors
- Building Resilience & Supporting Timely Completion
- Optimizing Student Experience
- Broadening Horizons
- Data reproducibility-research integrity
Let’s put all our efforts into providing our students with programs based on excellence.